Year of the Rabbit Slots
Year of the Rabbit slots celebrates the Chinese zodiac, with the Rabbit being the animal celebrated in 2023. Is it worth your time? We weren't very successful. Here's what we found while playing it.
Check the Paytable for a Breakdown of the Symbols and Prizes
The Free Spins scatter triggers the bonus round when at least three appear on the reels. First, you get a prize of 2x, 5x, or 20x, depending on whether it's on the reels three, four, or five times, respectively. You also win 15, 30, or 50 free spins that start immediately after your scatter prize is awarded. The free spins do not add a multiplier, so you're not going to experience larger payouts during the free games.
There's also a Chinese Dragon that transforms into one matching symbol. In the right locations, especially on the first and second reels, this can lead to massive payouts with symbols like these.
- Yin and Yang - 25, 100, or 250 times your line bet
- Rabbit Wild - 250x for five of them, all five are needed
- Coins - 20, 70, or 200 times your line bet
- Scroll - 15, 50, or 150 times your line bet
- Lantern - 15, 50, or 150 times your line bet
- Ace - 12, 35, or 130 times your line bet
- King and Queen - 10, 30, or 120 times your line bet
- Jack or 10 - 7, 20, or 100 times your line bet
Introducing the Retro Wild Bonus Feature
The Retro Wild doubles your wager. If you've wagered 10 cents per line ($2 per spin), it brings your total bet to $4. The max bet of $200 would become a $400 wager. For that, the center space on the third reel becomes a frozen wild, which can lead to bigger winnings if the rest of the symbols line up in your favor. Is it worth it? We completed ten spins without the Retro Wild activated and another ten spins with it turned on, with a 10-cent line bet activated for all of the spins.
Retro Wild Turned Off: (Total wager was $20 and we won $8.80.)
- 1st and 2nd spins - $0
- 3rd spin - $3
- 4th spin - $0
- 5th spin - $2.80
- 6th spin - $3
- 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th spins - $0
Retro Wild Turned On: (Total wager was $40 and we won $19.50)
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spins - $0
- 4th spin - $4 win and free spins were triggered for another $3.50
- 5th, 6th, and 7th spins - $0
- 8th spin - $12
- 9th and 10th spins - $0
We weren't overly impressed by the amount we win. This does come down to luck, so some players will win far more than we did. Others may not win as much. The overall game RTP is just under 96%, so it's not surprising to find that many of our spins didn't lead to a prize. We recommend using demo play to try it out and see if you have better luck.